breaking up is hard to do

 

For 10 years I wrote about my nature thoughts, beliefs, values and experiences. For 10 years I 'met' and made friends with other bloggers from all over the world.

Endings are painful, scary, exciting, opportunities for change. Blogging has been a wonderful experience. Being a blogger even became part of my identity.

I'm still gardening, but don't have the same need to write or take photos. It's enough to do it. It still makes me happy, but I can't do it for hours on end any more. At my age, I suppose I'm lucky I can do it at all.

I am aware that a blog is not a physical object like a book, so it doesn't need to be finished. It can just be left, floating around in cyberspace (wherever that is) with billions of other virtual artefacts. 

Artefact (The Oxford English Dictionary): "an object that is made by a human being, typically one of cultural or historical interest."

I want to complete this artefact with a final post. I wonder whether one day it may be of interest to future historians, or archaeologists in the even more distant future. I wonder whether my grandchildren will look at it when they are grown up, and regard it as a family heirloom. I wonder if the technology needed to access it will even be available in the future.

And if diary of a suburban gardener just keeps swirling around in cyberspace, one blog among millions, that's OK too. It's been a great journey. I learned so much, and enjoyed every minute.

Goodbye, dear cyberfriends.
The End





P.S. All pics are of my spring garden.

Comments

  1. Enjoy life whatever the future holds. It was a pleasure knowing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that you are stepping away - but hear you (oh so loud and clear) that gardening is getting harder. I still do put the hours in (at intervals) but pay. My blood, sweat and tears are liberally applied compost.
    LOVE your spring garden and have been revelling in my own. And other peoples.
    I hope life treats you and yours kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No grandchildren for mine. But perhaps we will be the next chapter of eye witness social history.
    Go well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring garden is beautiful and the amount of hours you work in it is probably irrelevant as long as you enjoy what time you spend there. I'm sorry to learn that you're giving up your blog. I know that the day will come when I'll give up my own as well but I still miss the friends, virtual or otherwise, who step away before me. Goodbye and best wishes, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Farewell Sue. Thank you for all your interesting stories and comments over the last ten years. And thank you for taking the time to say goodbye. Enjoy your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best for your future. Go well.
    I've enjoyed reading your blog over the years and will miss your space.
    Best wishes and thanks. Farewell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comments, all the very best to you 3 too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have enjoyed your blog over the years. Hoping new opportunities come your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I still have your wonderfully illustrated envelopes on my notice board!

      Delete
  9. I wonder what happened to my comment :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Denise, but all the best to you and your wonderful Japanese garden and photography.

      Delete
  10. Thank you Sue. For all your interesting and entertaining blog post and comments. I will miss you. All the best. Enjoy your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going through all my favorite blogs and found this from some time ago. So sorry I missed it. We will miss you. I'm not ready to give up blogging, but I foresee some changes in the year ahead. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best to you, Beth, your blog was one of my favourites too.

      Delete

Post a Comment