about this blog



I started this blog in 2008. It started mainly as a way of tracking the evolution of my dry garden, and that led to an interest in photography and in the creatures that live in the garden. It's still about the garden and wildlife, but now my passion is thinking about how we humans can learn to co-exist with wild animals and plants, especially in urban areas.

Friday, 13 February 2009

important information about koala picture

The photo posted below was taken on a mobile phone by Mark Pardew, a volunteer firefighter. It was published in the Melbourne newspaper The Herald Sun.

The Herald Sun is selling copies of the now famous photograph for $20 with all proceeds going to the Country Fire Authority.

To buy your copy call 1300 306 107 or order online http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/shop


5 comments:

  1. This made the national news here in the U.S. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that photo. Us gardeners seem to have a need to nurture flowing through us. To me, that picture is all about nurture and care and everything else that I love to do for my garden and my children. VW

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great photo. I appreciate the fund-raiser. I've just downloaded the order form. thank you for keeping us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turning tragedy into triumph. I love it. This picture speaks volumes. (And the owner must have a really great cell phone camera.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was shown on national news in the UK too. A moment of cheerfulness during a terrible disaster.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts