about this blog



I started this blog in 2008. It started mainly as a way of tracking the evolution of my dry garden, and that led to an interest in photography and in the creatures that live in the garden. It's still about the garden and wildlife, but now my passion is thinking about how we humans can learn to co-exist with wild animals and plants, especially in urban areas.

Tuesday, 4 November 2008

yellow feather


My garden seems to be a battleground for birds lately. A group of crows have taken ownership and there are furious squawks and rustlings going when wattle birds or others encroach. I haven't seen any coloured rosellas for a few weeks, and I haven't seen any of the tiny bush birds since last summer.

But a bird with brightly coloured feathers left me a calling card today - a yellow feather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts