about this blog



I started this blog in 2008. It started mainly as a way of tracking the evolution of my dry garden, and that led to an interest in photography and in the creatures that live in the garden. It's still about the garden and wildlife, but now my passion is thinking about how we humans can learn to co-exist with wild animals and plants, especially in urban areas.

Tuesday, 4 November 2008

some current pictures


The delicate, delicious love in the mist are flowering, en masse because I had the patience last summer to wait till they dropped their seeds before pulling them out.

It is a lovely spring day, and it even rained the last few days - a rare occurrence indeed. The garden is smiling, and I love this soft, soothing pallette of greys and blues.

The opium poppies were everywhere, and I culled them fairly ruthlessly. Now there are just a few popping up gracefully, enhancing the garden pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts