Saturday, 28 November 2009
I was awarded this honour by:
- Noelle in Phoenix, Arizona, aka AZplantlady, from Plant Tips and Guidelines for the Desert Garden
- Deborah, a weekend gardener near Toronto, from Green Theatre
- The Violet Fern in upstate New York, from The Violet Fern
Thank you, I am honoured to be chosen by you 3 wonderful cyber friends, fellow bloggers and makers of creative, interesting and informative garden blogs.
I will use this opportunity to point people in the direction of a few blogs that are newly discovered by me. I think these blogs are definitely worth a look, maybe even a follow.
1. Charlotte's The Galloping Gardener
2. Liisa, of Green Mountain Gardener
3. Ruma2008 of Calligraphy in the Landscape
4. Altglobe Blogs, for 'green and spiritual bloggers,' is another blogging community. The way I see it it doesn't compete with blotanical, it can complement it.
5. Bee, From the Desk of Bee Drunken
A recent post was about my success in rehousing a possum couple. The nest stayed empty so it seemed that the possums had settled in their...
I wonder why we tend to privilege seeing the garden over hearing the garden. It was Sunday. I got up early, looked at and listened to the...
I miss the jubilant rowdy morning chorus I used to hear each morning. These mornings I'm lucky if I hear half a dozen birds gre...
D works for a pesticide company and tells interesting stories about pesticide use and the relationship between humans and wildlife. I ...
Here is one of the agapanthus plants that were divided. It's looking healthy, though not yet a thing of beauty. Blue fescue is ...
How to Heal a Broken Wing is a really special book. A simple, moving story that illustrates complicated ideas like animal rights, compassio...
There's something to be said for buying plants as large as you can afford. It's sensible advice! But when I'm buying plants, ...
Growing in the Royal Botanical Gardens in Melbourne are 4 interesting trees. Of course there are many MANY more than these! These are ju...
This is the photo of my garden in the current guide to Australia's open gardens. It was taken last October. The foreground f...
A few blocks away from my house, near a small group of shops, a tall, majestic gum tree grows. ...